Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Trials

Now, for some serious stuff.

It seems lately that so many of our friends and family have had difficult things to deal with in their lives. I love this quote and want to share it with you, out there, who are trying to endure.


"No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility.
All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our character, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of god.....and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father in Heaven. "( Orson F. Whitney )

6 comments:

Breanna Gaylord said...

i love that quote. thank you. there really is so much to learn from each of our trials.

Breanna Gaylord said...

love the picture of grandma lesueur:) miss her.

Heidi said...

I loved the quote! It will all be worth it in the end! Right??

Heidi said...

I also loved that picture of Grandma on Melissa's birthday post. I loved her Christmas tree and remember thinking her ornaments were so cool. I really miss her too! I can't believe she has been gone for so long!!

Cassie and Chad said...

I love that quote too Sandy! Thanks! Thank you for your comments on my blog, I know all will work out and that my dad will fight the cancer fight. We just pray the pain will ease while he does.

Anonymous said...

That's a great quote. Thanks for being such a good sister to my mom. We know how much your family means to you. Mom and Dad love your visits. We really do have a great family, meaning (as we say in our prayers) aunts, uncles, friends, cousins & grandmas and grandpas.